Finally, I bring you a new post! And of course, it is waffles! Lately, it seems like that most of my social media pictures are of waffles. Perhaps a sign that we eat a lot of waffles at our house. Most of the waffles we eat are sweet, but sometimes they are also savory waffles.
One of my little one's favorite waffle recipe incorporates spinach greens into a gluten-free recipe. He really enjoys helping me make the recipe, especially when I blend the ingredients together in the blender. We make it for breakfast, lunch, or dinners. Sometimes we enjoy the waffles plain, while other times we top them with peanut butter or yogurt.
Today's recipe for Flourless Banana Chocolate Chips Waffles can also be enjoyed plain or with a topping of choice. To keep sugar intake in check top with a creamy plain yogurt and your favorite fruit. Perhaps a fruit like strawberries that pairs well with one of the main ingredients, bananas.
Made with the bananas, the waffles are naturally sweetened and only contain a small amount of added sugars (through brown sugar). They do not contain any refined carbohydrates and are made with old fashion oats to offer whole grains, which also mean they are gluten-free.
I hope you enjoy this new breakfast recipe!
Your Family's Dietitian,
Flourless Banana and Chocolate Chip Waffles
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (4 waffles)
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
1. Preheat waffle iron. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray if indicated by the manufacturer.
2. In medium bowl mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients.
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients together, stir in chocolate chips and chia seeds.
4. Once waffle iron is heated, use a small spoon and spoon the batter into each section of the waffle iron, making sure not to overfill.
5. Close waffle iron and let bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned on each side
Powered by Recipage