Who says your holiday protein source has to be all about turkey or ham?! Perhaps you are a vegetarian or pescetarian and your typical holiday plate ends up as a bunch of sides? The great news is that today I am sharing a festive holiday seafood dish with you today! This stuffed salmon with cranberries and brie is not only delicious, but full of health benefits.
This past week my Stuffed Salmon with Cranberries and Brie recipe made a television debut! I teamed up with The National Fisheries Institue to share some of my best tips for preventing weight gain during the holiday season (and ultimately avoiding that dreaded New Year's resolution of weight loss). I included the dish as part of my tip to bring healthier dishes with you to your holiday events.
Check out my segment below to hear more of my tips on how to prevent the unwanted holiday weight gain.
Are you eating adequate amounts of seafood?! The fact is that most Americans are not eating enough seafood. Seafood sources such as salmon and tuna are versatile and can replace other lean protein sources in most recipes. Today's recipe is a great example how easy and quickly delicious seafood recipes can be whipped up.
Brie and Cranberry Salmon
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 - 3-4 oz salmon filets (thicker pieces of salmon work better)
- 4 - 1.5 -2-inch slices of brie sliced thin
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp light buttery spread
- 2 cups raw spinach lightly packed
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tsp light buttery spread
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Slice each piece of salmon lengthwise through the middle cutting about 3/4 of the way through
3. Heat a medium skillet to medium heat. Add buttery spread. Once melted add onion and stir. Once the onion becomes translucent add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until slightly browned. Add spinach and dried cranberries and cook for another 1 minute.
4. Place each salmon filet on a small piece of foil. Fill salmon with spinach mixture. Top with one slice of brie and close. Wrap foil around the entire piece of salmon. Place salmon pouches on a baking sheet.
5. Bake salmon in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Cooking time will vary.
Powered by Recipage