You are probably aware breakfast is an important meal of the day. Unfortunately, many of the clients I work with tend to skip breakfast for various reasons. Sometimes they are not breakfast eaters, other times they don't have time to prepare breakfast.
Well, today's post is a solution for those individuals who don't have time for breakfast preparation - it's time to prep breakfast in advance! This recipe for Banana & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bakes is a perfect recipe to prepare in advance and enjoy throughout the week. I have prepared this recipe on many Sundays and then eaten for breakfast throughout the week. The key is to refrigerate the bakes to keep them fresh for 4-5 days.
One of my favorite aspects of this recipe is the lack of added sugar and fat. While a small amount of brown sugar is added, the ripe banana provide most of the naturally sweet flavor. No oils and butter are added, the Greek yogurt and banana help to keep moist. The combination of protein-rich ingredients, oats, and banana help to create a balanced breakfast option.
A great breakfast to be enjoyed by your family members of all ages! My toddler loves this breakfast choice!
Your Family's Dietitian,
Banana & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bakes
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
Keywords: breakfast snack egg fruit yogurt oatmeal
Ingredients (12 bakes)
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinammon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix together dry ingredients; in a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients;
3. Combine dry and wet ingredients together, stir in chocolate chips
4. Fill muffin wells with batter about 1/3 full (if overfilled they will not cook)
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 -18 minutes or until cooked through
6. Let cool a few minutes before removing from liners
Powered by Recipage