Offer your loved ones healthier treats this Valentines season with Heart Shape Granola Bites. These no-bake treats are packed with whole grains and contain no refined sugars.
What foods come mind when you think about Valentine's Day? The common response is typically chocolate candies and heart-shaped cookies. Why not offer your loved ones a healthier Valentine's treat this holiday season?
Today I share with you Heart Shaped Granola Bites! These little treats are gluten-free, loaded with fiber, and lack refined sugars. Did I mention they only contain four ingredients and can be made in minutes?
These cute little treats don't just have to be heart-shaped, you could get creative and use any of your favorite cookie cutters. I would suggest keeping the cookie cutter relatively small so that they remain "bites" and don't lose their shape. My original plan was to include them on a stick - like a cake pop type concept, but the consistency would just not allow the stick to stay put. They will harden up significantly if refrigerated overnight.
I have discussed in several blog and Instagram posts my cautious introduction of sweets to my toddler. We very rarely offer him desserts or sweet treats, but when we do he always enjoys them. I decided to offer him this whole grain treat made with honey, and he loved them! I found him searching the floor for any bits he dropped. So perhaps a perfect healthier option to include in the lunch boxes or serve at parties?!
Stay tuned for more healthier Valentine's treats to serve up this holiday season!
Your Family's Dietitian,
Heart Shaped Granola Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4-1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients. You may need to use your hands to best combine
2. Line a small cookie sheet with wax paper
3. Break away a small piece of dough and roll into a ball
4. Press ball firmly into a cookie cutter to completely fill cookie cutter (the firmer the better). Remove any dough coming over the edges of cookie cutter.
5. Gently push granola bite out of cookie cutter. Place on wax paper.
6. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. For a more firm bite refrigerate overnight.
Powered by Recipage