A fruity sweet treat with a double coating of chocolate and yogurt.
We got a new look. Check out our header!
When the child is sick - the mommy blogger stays home from her "day job" and spends the much needed time revamping the blog. Still a work in progress but we will get there.
Spring is here!! Which means lots of pollen (blah) AND peak Strawberry season. Here in Atlanta, the harvest season for strawberries is April 5 to June 10. To find out your area's peak season and locations for nearby farms check out Pickyourown.org. In addition to information on strawberries, you can also find out numerous other fruit and vegetable crop peak seasons.
I have a confession.... I haven't picked fresh strawberries from a local farm or garden in years. The only and last time I remember picking strawberries was nearly 25 years ago (not to give up my age or anything) when my family grew them in our backyard. My family didn't necessarily have a green thumb, but the crop happened to be already planted in the house we purchased during my elementary years. In addition to the strawberries we also grew asparagus. Such a fun memory!
Now onto today's recipe. Meet Double Dipped Chocolate Strawberries. Imagine a sweet and juicy strawberry dipped in a creamy yogurt and a rich chocolate. The combination of flavors is perfection! And perfect for many occasions including....
Mothers day is only a few days away! Today's recipe for Double Dipped Chocolate Yogurt Strawberries is perfect to serve at your Mother's Day brunch. Check out these other recipes for your brunch:
- Low Fat Egg Sausage Muffins
- Skinny French Toast Roll-Ups
- Spinach Tomato Frittata
- Whole Grain Fruit Breakfast Pizza
- Low Fat Banana Bread
- Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Donuts
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Double Dipped Chocolate Yogurt Strawberries
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound fresh strawberries (~20)
- 2 cups vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1. Line baking sheets with wax or parchment paper
2. Put the semisweet chocolate in heatproof medium sized bowl. Fill 2 medium saucepans with a few inches of water and bring to simmer over low heat. Turn heat off and set chocolate bowl in pan. Mix well until smooth. (Can also microwave at half power for 1 minute, then stir and heat additionally as needed).
3. Holding the stem of strawberry, dip into yogurt until about 3/4 of strawberries is covered. Immediately dip into melted chocolate to cover most of yogurt dipped section. Place on lined cookie sheet. Repeat for remainder of strawberries.
4. Let strawberries dry for a least 30 minutes before serving. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Powered by Recipage