Who says you need to add flour to your peanut butter cookie recipe?
Not this blogger.
Who says you need to add plain butter to your peanut butter cookie recipe?
No flour leads to less carbohydrates (and calories). No regular butter leads to less saturated fat (the artery clogging kind of fat) and more unsaturated fat (the heart healthy fat).
I chose dark chocolate for the "blossom" of the cookie, but any type of chocolate is possible. A few minutes after you remove the cookies from the oven gently press the chocolate into cookie. These cookies will last for at least 48 hours. They do start to loose their shape and break easily after 48 hours.
Happy Spring Forward Day!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9-11 minutes
Ingredients (14 cookies)
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 dark chocolate Hershey Kisses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line large baking sheet with a Silpat making mat or spray with non-stick cooking spray
2. in a medium mixing bowl combine peanut butter and sugar. Mix in egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
3. Shape dough into ball (about 1 tablespoon) or use cookie scoop and place on cookie sheet (about 2 inches apart).
4. Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes. Within first few minutes of taking cookies out of oven place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss in middle of cookie. Let cookie cool on pan for about 5 minutes, and then remove to cookie rack. Let cool completely before enjoying.Nutrition:
Serving size: 1 cookie • Servings: 14 • Calories: 159.5 kcal • Protein: 4.5 g • Carbs: 20.5 g • Fat: 9.6 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Sugar: 17.6 g • Sodium: 179.7 mg
Powered by Recipage