Amazing vegan muffins that can be prepared and baked in a matter of minutes!
A few months ago I attended the annual Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo. You can read about my time there here. During the few days I spent several hours in the expo hall - and let me tell you they put together one heck of an event. There are hundreds of vendors present, offering information and samples on their various products. Since the conference was local I took full advantage and might have picked up a few samples.
One of the samples I picked up were these nifty microwaveable muffin makers from Kellogg's. The muffin makers came with a recipe to make whole grain muffins, but I wanted to make something with chocolate (that was healthy of course). Over the past few weeks I have been experimenting with some different microwaveable chocolate muffin recipe creations. Unfortunately they were all epic fails.
Finally I was on to something! I do not typically create vegan recipes (I love my eggs and milk), but I came across this "1 Minute Coffee Cake in a Mug" recipe from a vegan dessert blogger, Chocolate Covered Katie. I made a few substitutions to her recipe to convert it to a chocolate muffin recipe and perfection was created. A delicious (and nutritious) easy chocolate muffin recipe that could be made in one minute was born.
In efforts to further "healthify" the recipe I substituted a portion of the enriched white flour with whole wheat flour and used some applesauce for the fat source. You can enjoy this delicious chocolate fudgy recipe for less than 150 calories!
I foresee some more recipes made with the microwave muffin maker in the upcoming future! Stay tuned....
In other NEWS check out my quote in Redbook Magazine - "28 New Slim-Down, Shape - Up Ideas"!
If you made a New Year Resolution how is it going?!
Vegan One Minute Chocolate Muffin
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Ingredients (1 muffin)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon enriched white flour
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour (or 1 tbsp + 1 tsp white flour)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened applesauce (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon water (or milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/16 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: chocolate chips (try vegan chocolate chips)
1. Spray cooking container (mug or microwave muffin container) with non-stick cooking spray
2. Mix all ingredients together
3. Pour into cooking container (if desire chocolate chips can add now OR immediately after cooking)
4. Microwave on high for 1 minuteNutrition:
Serving size: 1 muffin • Servings: 1 • Calories: 148.3 kcal • Protein: 2.2 g • Carbs: 26.7 g • Fat: 4.2 g • Fiber: 1.8 g • Sugar: 14.2 g • Sodium: 123.3 mg
Powered by Recipage