A delicious lower calorie recipe for sweet potatoes the whole family will love this holiday season!
Meet my new favorite holiday recipe! A few weeks ago I prepared this recipe for my family's Thanksgiving feast (yes I have been hoping to share this recipe for a few weeks now). The roasted Apple Sweet Potato recipe was an instant hit and loved by all. The tart and sweet flavors provided by the apple bring the sweet potatoes to a whole new level.
When most people think of sweet potato recipes for the holidays they picture mashed sweet potatoes with a layer of melted marshmallows on top. In my opinion you either love or hate the mashed sweet potato recipe. I happen to love them, but that love is not shared by all my family members. Of note I have only recently come to love mashed sweet potatoes.
To make the recipe I stuck with traditional orange sweet potatoes, however if you want to add some color to the recipe try purple or brown varieties. They may be a bit more difficult to find, but would certainly add some color to the dish. And for added nutrition keep the skin on the potatoes.
Check out some of my other favorite holiday recipes:
Roasted Apples Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 4 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 baking apples, cubed (I made these about half the size of sweet potatoes)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or light buttery spread (ie. Smart Balance light), melted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgen olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients together
3. Spread on lined baking sheet in single layer
4. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through (I turned over sweet potatoes after 20 minute of cooking).
Powered by Recipage