Yesterday my neighbor walked into my house and asked where the delicious "holiday" smell was coming from. I explained to her I was in the middle of experimenting with some Skinny Pumpkin Spice Popcorn recipes when she rang the doorbell. I will admit the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice was quite nice!
We are in full pumpkin swing at our house. Each and every year I can not wait for this time to experiment with all the pumpkin recipes I have been brainstorming since last fall. I am hoping my ideas translate into some delicious fall recipes. Hopefully I will get into the kitchen early next week to keep working!
Today I wanted to share something simple and easy. The Skinny Pumpkin Spice Popcorn recipe can be prepared and ready in under 10 minutes (probably 5 minutes in fact). The popcorn has a hint of sweetness and spice, but the flavor is certainly not overbearing. I added all the ingredients before popping the popcorn to keep it from getting too messy. Since the butter, sugar, and spices cook into the kernels there will be no grease or sugar on your fingers!
One of the secrets to keeping this recipe simple is popping the popcorn in a brown paper sack in the microwave (see How to Make Popcorn in Brown Paper Bag post). You just have to make sure to keep a good eye on the popcorn and be careful not to burn yourself with the hot butter drippings.
We are preparing for my mom's arrival tonight! She is coming to host our final baby shower and help us prepare for the baby. I can not wait to see her and find out what she has in store for the baby shower! I promise I will do a post on both of our baby showers.
Your family's dietitian,Kristen Smith
Skinny Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels, unpopped
- 1 tablespoon butter (or Smart Balance Spread), melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. In a small bowl mix together all ingredients (make sure popcorn kernels are coated well)
2. Transfer to a small brown paper bag (if butter drips through bag place on plate before placing in microwave)
3. Microwave for about 1 minute and 50 seconds (make sure not to overcook - if kernels no longer popping stop immediately).
4. Carefully pour popcorn from bag to bowl. Be careful popcorn will be heat and bottom on bag will be very hot near butter drippings.
Serving size: 3 cups popcorn • Servings: 2 • Calories: 247.6 kcal • Protein: 3.0 g • Carbs: 30.5 g • Fat:14.5 g • Fiber: 3.0 g • Sugar: 12.5 g • Sodium: 275.0 mg
Powered by Recipage