Fourth of July is only a day away! Most people fire up the grill and cook-out for the patriotic holiday. Today's recipe for "Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs" is a perfect healthier alternative to the typically served items like hamburgers and hotdogs.
For maximum flavor I recommend to marinate the chicken pieces overnight or for at least 4-6 hours. For a more char-grilled flavor cook on an outdoor grill, however you could certainly cook them on an indoor grill (such as a George Foreman Grill) or oven. The outcome our delicious mediterranean flavored moist chicken pieces!
We served these delicious chicken kabobs a few weeks ago at a World Cup party. For the Germany vs. Ghana game we hosted a German food-themed party. Given our love for German food and German family history we were determined to host an authentic German style event.
I searched the Atlanta metro area for the perfect bakery that made authentic German-styled pretzels. Luckily I stumbled across Bernhard's Bread Bakery in Marietta, Georgia. While I was picking up the pretzels I discovered a full blown German food store and decided to also pick up some traditional Bratwurst. We dusted the pretzels with large salt granules and served them with a spicy mustard we picked up during our last trip to Germany. Interestingly the mustard comes in a toothpaste shaped container. We boiled the Bratwurst in beer and onions and then threw them on the grill. To complete the German meal I made this authentic Potato Salad Recipe from Food Network. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics!!
The food turned out to be delicious! Our guests loved the authentic German themed fare. Especially they munched on the pretzels all day long. Octoberfest party we are ready!
Your family's dietitian,
Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: entree appetizer snack chicken
Ingredients (6 (number of kabobs will vary))
- 1-2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
1. In mix together garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add chicken and coat well. Pour into a large resealable ziplock bag. Seal and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
2. Heat gas or charcoal grill.
3. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Slide chicken pieces onto wood or metal skewers (optional: alternately thread chicken, bell pepper and onion, leaving space between pieces)
4. Place skewers on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, cook until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are tender.Nutrition
Serving size: 1/6 chicken (~1 skewer) • Servings: 6 • Calories: 114.1 kcal • Protein: 4.1 g • Carbs: 1.0 g • Fat: 10.6 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Sugar: 0.2 g • Sodium: 397.3 mg
Recipe was created from https://lovewithfood.com/recipes/4518-mediterranean-chicken-kabobs?m=p&s=rs&utm_campaign=pinterest-invite-recipe&utm_content=recipe-4518-&utm_medium=invite-recipe&utm_source=pinterest
Powered by Recipage