Looking for a healthier sweet treat to serve at this years 4th of July festivities?! Well you have come to the right place!
Typically 4th of July is about gathering together with friends and family to socialize and EAT. For many people this event takes place all day long, which means there is a lot of EATING. This year show your friends and family that healthier treats can taste good!
To make this recipe lower in calories and fat I skipped the heavy whipping cream and replaced it with Greek yogurt and a low fat cool whip. The Greek yogurt helps to keep the cream layer rich and creamy, however the cream layer is not overly sweet. I also substituted the wafer cookies with a low fat graham cracker and included strawberries in each layer for added natural sweetness and nutritional content. To create a festive 4th of July dessert I addd strawberries and blueberries to the top layer. You could also choose to add blueberries to each layer.
Do you have any big plans for 4th of July?!
We are planning to spend some much needed time relaxing and hanging out with the family. The past few weeks have been extremely busy with some side projects I am working on and getting prepared for the baby.
Your family's dietitian,
Skinny Greek Yogurt Fruity Icebox Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: dessert yogurt
Ingredients (9 servings)
- 2 cups TruWhip Light (or Cool Whip Light)
- 2 cups non fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 15 low fat graham cracker sheets
- 10 strawberries, sliced extremely thin
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups blueberries
1. Mix together TruWhip and Greek yogurt
2. In a 9" x 9" pan place graham crackers flat to cover bottom (should be able to use 4 full sheets and one half sheet, but may need to break crackers to fit pan). Spoon 1 cup of creamy mixture on top and spread evenly with knife (I did not spread to edge). Place a single layer of strawberries on top. Top with another layer of graham crackers and spread another layer of creamy mixture and strawberries. Top with last cup of creamy mixture and and arrange strawberries and blueberries as desired.
3. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.Nutrition:
Serving size: 1/9 • Servings: 9 • Calories: 177.4 kcal • Protein: 6.0 g • Carbs: 30.9 g • Fat: 3.6g • Fiber: 1.1 g • Sugar: 14.6 g • Sodium: 137.4 mg
Powered by Recipage