This weeks recipe theme is bananas! Earlier in the week we posted a recipe for Low Fat Banana Bread.
Today's recipe is possibly one of the most simple recipes we have posted ever. All you need to do is mix a few simple ingredients and pour the mixture into a pre-made reduced fat graham cracker crust. There is no baking and minimal preparation involved. Super easy!
One of my new found favorite recipe combinations is plain Greek yogurt mixed with Tru Whip (a more natural form of Cool Whip). Tru Whip typically provides a light airy consistency, however when mixed with yogurt you get the perfect creamy consistency that is not too terribly rich or heavy. Did I mention the mixture provides additional protein (with the Greek yogurt) and is significantly lower in calories than most cream based desserts?!
There may be a future recipe post with these same ingredients plus chocolate and peanut butter. Stay tuned....
Your family's dietitian,
Prep Time: 10-15 mintues
Keywords: dessert yogurt
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 1 1/4 Tru Whip Light (or Cool Whip Light)
- 1/2 cup plain low fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced (optional: 1.5 bananas)
- Graham cracker crust (pre-made)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Dip banana into lemon juice, pat dry
2. Mix together Tru Whip, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla until mixed well
3. Spread 1/2 of cream mixture into graham cracker crust; top with 1/2 of bananas: spread remaining cream mixture; top with remaining banana slices
4. Freeze for a few hours to harden
5. Store in refrigerator or freezer depending on desired consistency.Nutrition
Serving size: 1 slice • Servings: 8 slices • Calories: 197.2 kcal • Protein: 2.9 g • Carbs: 34.2 g • Fat: 5.4 g • Fiber: 0.4 g • Sugar: 23.6 g • Sodium: 115. mg
Powered by Recipage