Can you guess what ingredients were used to make this a lower calorie treat?! In fact one serving can be enjoyed for less than 150 calories!
A few weeks ago one of my co-workers introduced me to a brownie recipe "Believe It Or Not Brownies". While I modified the recipe a bit, I did use of the one of the key ingredients to help create a lower calorie treat....Prunes!! I would not advise you to run around and tell your family and friends prunes were added to their brownies, but they will never know. The pureed prunes act as a fat replacer while still adding sweetness and moisture.
The top cheesecake layer of the dessert cup was inspired by a previous recipe, Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Cups. For a lower calorie cheesecake a large portion of the cream cheese was substituted with Greek yogurt. Additionally pumpkin puree and spices were added to create a delicious fall treat.
Your family's dietitian,
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: dessert yogurt
Ingredients (12 cups)
- 2/3 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pureed prunes (baby food)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit; place 12 muffin liners in muffin pan
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt; Pour in oil, vanilla, prunes, and eggs; Mix until everything is well blended; spoon about 1.5 tablespoon into muffin liners
3. Bake in oven for about 8 minutes
4. While brownie layer is baking start cheesecake layer; beat together cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, egg whites, and pumpkin
5. Once brownie layer has baked for about 8 minutes remove from oven and spoon cheesecake mixture on top to nearly fill the muffin liner (will probably not completely fill).
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for another 13-15 minutes or until cheesecake layer is no longer runny.Nutrition:
Servings: 12 • Serving size: 1 cup • Calories: 135.9 kcal • Protein: 4.5 g • Sodium: 78.5 mg • Carbs: 25.2 g • Fat: 3.3 g • Fiber: 2.5 • Sugars: 17.7 g
Powered by Recipage