Celebrate the Fourth of July with my new favorite snack! I am obsessed with this low calorie treat. In fact one whole graham cracker can be enjoyed for less than 100 calories!!
A simple snack yet so delicious and healthy. For this simple treat spread the yogurt mixture on the graham and top with your favorite blue and red fruit. For this picture I chose strawberries and blueberries. To get the strawberries into a smaller size I chopped the strawberries into fine squares. The crackers are best enjoyed if served immediately.
This snack is a perfect kitchen project for children. Once the strawberries are chopped children can easily assemble this fun snack! Including children in the kitchen at young ages can help set the foundation for lifelong healthy eating habits.
What are some of your favorite Fourth of July recipes?
Your family's dietitian, Kristen Smith
Fourth of July Fruit Graham
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: snack yogurt
Ingredients (1 Graham Cracker)
- 1 Graham Cracker sheet
- 1 tablespoon TruWhip (or light Cool Whip)
- 1 tablespoon low fat vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2-3 strawberries chopped into small pieces
- 6 small blueberries
1. Spread yogurt mixture evenly on graham cracker
2. Place 6 blueberries on top right corner as pictured
3. Carefully arrange chopped strawberries in 4 lines as pictured above
4. Serve immediatelyNutrition:
Serving size: 1 graham cracker • Servings: 1 • Calories: 87.7 kcal • Protein: 2.4 g • Sodium: 74.9mg • Carbs: 16.1 g • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Sugars: 7.9 g
Powered by Recipage