I regret to inform you this was not completely my original creation. This past weekend my family and I went to one of my favorite restaurants and ordered a similar dish. After one bite it was instant love - I knew this would need to be recreated for the blog immediately.
Strawberry & Avocado Salad is a refreshing dish perfect for the summer. The combination of the olive oil, lemon juice, and basil complement both fruits wonderfully. Specifically the dressing helps to bring out the sweetness of the strawberries.
This recipes offers and abundance of "healthy healthy fats" from both the olive oil and the avocado. Both olive oil and avocados offer monounsaturated fat which can help to lower "bad" cholesterol (LDL). Remember although both foods have health benefits, when consumed in excess they can contribute a high amount of calories.
Strawberry & Avocado Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: salad avocado fruit
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 medium avocado, remove from skin and cut in small cubes
- 1 cup strawberries, cut in fourths with stem removed
- ¾ - 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 -6 basil leaves, cut into small strips
- salt, to taste
1. Whisk together olive oil, salt, and lemon juice
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix well
3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before servingNutrition:
Serving Size: ~1/2 cup • Servings: 4 • Calories: 107.2 kcal • Protein: 1.1 g • Sodium: 3.9 mg • Carbs: 6.8 g • Fat: 9.3 g • Fiber: 3.8 • Sugars: 2.2 g
Powered by Recipage