Offer the kiddos this turkey themed snack for a healthier option this Thanksgiving season!
Today I introduce you to my Thanksgiving Peanut Butter Grahamwich, a festive Thanksgiving themed peanut butter snack you can make with the kiddos! Get the kiddos in the kitchen to help make this healthier snack option. The excitement your kids will experience with the creation of this "grahamwich" will lead to other fun times in the kitchen. I promise! Getting the kiddos into the kitchen will help to increase their interest in food and adapt healthier habits.
Why is this "grahamwich" a healthier snack option? Compared to other sweet treats or snacks, it is lower in added sugars. The peanut butter filling offers protein and heart healthy fats. The fruit "feathers" are packed with fiber. Both protein and fiber can help produce greater satiety.
Here is a picture of the ingredients:
You might be asking, what is a "grahamwich"? A "grahamwich" is a sandwich made with graham crackers (rather than bread). For this recipe, peanut butter and honey were used for the filling. I have posted other recipes using Greek yogurt as a filling. Use your imagination with the inside contents!
Let the kiddos use different ingredients among each other for slightly different designs. Check out how I made two different versions - each with different ingredients for the legs.
Another version of Turkey "Graham" with different legs....
Which Turkey Grahamwich do you like better?!
*THIS POST WAS UPDATED 11/15
Enjoy! Happy (early) Thanksgiving!!
Thanksgiving Peanut Butter Grahamwichby
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (1 sandwich)
- 1 entire graham cracker sheet, split into two
- 2 teaspoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 orange, split into 3-4 slices
- 1/2 apple, cut into 3-4 slices
- 2 mini marshmallows
- 2 mini chocolate chips
- Small square cracker, cut into half
- Pretzel sticks or thin strip of graham crackers (for legs)
1. Spread peanut butter on one sheet of graham cracker, place other half of sheet on top to make sandwich
2. Place fruit slices around graham cracker
3. Place marshmallows, chocolate chip, and square cracker on grahamwich for eyes and mouth (secure with peanut butter)
Powered by Recipage