Summer might be coming to an end, but that does not mean popsicles have to also. For around 50 calories you can enjoy one of these fat-free delicious pops that combine both fruity and creamy flavors. Did I mention they are a great way to sneak in some added fruit for those family members that are not so keen on eating fruit? Two of the ingredients, greek yogurt and fruit, add nutritional benefits your traditional popsicle would not have to offer.
You might opt to use popsicle molds to perfect your "pop", however I chose to go the budgeted route and use 3 ounce paper cups with popsicle sticks. Although the use of my supplies might have been a bit more laborious, I was still able to create the treats with success. If possible, I would recommend cups that have a wax lining. My pops had quite the bonding with the bottom of the cups.
Peaches in the blender...
½ package sugar-free peach gelatin mix
2/3 can peaches (no sugar added) (fresh fruit would work even better)
2 cups water
9 oz fat-free plain greek yogurt (1.5 6 oz containers)
1/3 can peaches
9 tablespoon milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Using a blender, blend 2/3 of the can of peaches for about 15-30 seconds to a consistency between pureed and diced (you do not want to completely puree the peaches); add the water and gelatin mix; combine well.
2. Fill 10- 3 oz paper cups about 1/2 full; freeze for about 1.5 hours.
3. While the first layer is freezing start the second layer. Blend the remaining peaches (and again only for about 15 seconds because you do not want to puree the peaches); in a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients; combine all ingredients together.
4. After the first layer is semi-frozen (about 1.5 hours) remove from freezer. Push popsicle stick about half way through first layer (repeat for all); add creamy layer around stick; freeze overnight.
5. After the pop is completely frozen remove peel off paper cup. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 pop • Servings: 10 • Calories: 54.6 kcal • Protein: 3.5 g • Sodium: 30.9 g • Carbs: 9.7 g • Fat: 0.2 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Sugar: 5.6 g