Here are 100 calorie saving swaps:
1. Replace your 8 oz of fruit juice with sliced fresh fruits (ie. lemons, oranges) served in good old H20 (aka water).
2. Choose 1/2 cup of fat free milk instead of 1 cup of whole milk.
3. Skip the full fat yogurt and choose a low fat plain greek yogurt or a "light" yogurt choice.
4. Instead of consuming 6 oz of a steak, try cutting your portion in half to only 3 ounces.
5. Try eating only 2 ounces of pretzels rather than 2 ounces of chips.
6. Replace 2 tablespoons of regular syrup with 2 tablespoons of sugar-free syrup.
7. Try 2 ounces of kale chips instead of 1 ounce of whole wheat crackers.
8. Choose 2 tablespoons of light salad dressing rather than 2 tablespoons a regular salad dressing.
9. Skip the 1 ounce portion size of pork bacon and choose 1 ounce of turkey bacon instead.
10. Enjoy an 8 ounce baked potato instead in place of an 8 ounce serving of french fries.
11. Try to remove the skin from your chicken rather than eating the chicken with the skin.
12. Replace the 5 ounces of alfredo sauce on your pasta with 7 ounces of marinara sauce.
13. When choosing pizza go for the thin crust versus a thick or normal crust pizza.
14. Instead of eating a chocolate chip cookie choose 1 1/2 graham crackers.
15. Enjoy 1/2 cup of no sugar-added ice cream in place of regular ice cream.
(Note: if you reduce your calories by more than 100 calories a day you will experience a greater weight loss. Most professionals do not recommend weight loss more than 2 pounds per week.)